"Transcendent beauty rises above physical limitations and endures the passage of time."--Hema Sundaram, M.D.
Have you ever considered why some cosmetic procedures carry no stigma at all, but procedures that relate to aging do? If it is not "wrong" for a 14-year-old to straighten her teeth orthodontically, why is it "wrong" for a 40-year-old to have laser surgery to remove her wrinkles?
In Face Value, Hema Sundaram, M.D. shows you how to make your own choices when it comes to beauty. She examines our culture's conflicted messages about beauty, from ancient myths to modern tabloids, and she reveals how women get caught in false dichotomies such as "natural versus artificial beauty" and "inner versus outer beauty."
Dr. Sundaram's authoritative guide to ageless beauty teaches you how to harmonize your inner and outer beauty. Her integrative regimen includes:
* Suggested lifestyle changes that can slow your rate of aging
* Advice on how to vanquish the seven negative emotions that age you, and replace them with the principles of transcendent beauty
* An up-to-date prescription for at-home skin rejuvenation, including a 7-Minute Amazing Skin Regimen that fits into even the busiest schedule
* Must-have information on the newest cosmetic surgery technologies and strategies for successful surgery, including how to know when you're ready for cosmetic surgery, how to choose the best surgeon and how to avoid cosmetic surgery disasters
* Meditations to develop and project your inner, spiritual beauty
* A results-oriented plan for harnessing your personal "Power Points," to overcome the ten ways your face ages
Along the way, you'll read the inspiring real-life stories of Dr. Sundaram's patients, women who've experienced the liberation of finding their true Face Value.